What is a Portable Garage?
Not everyone has a garage that is built into their home. Or if you do, you may simply need some extra space to store a car, lawn equipment, or even holiday items to avoid paying hefty storage fees to an offsite company. A portable garage is a structure you can place anywhere on your property to protect your belongings. They are ideal not only for shielding items from the weather, but a garage tent also keeps your belongings away from potential thieves. One of the best advantages to having a portable garage on your property is that you can take it down and move it anywhere if your needs change, unlike permanent garages. ShelterLogic has a wide range of garage tents for vehicle storage or anything else you want to keep out of harm’s way.
Why a Portable Garage Tent is Ideal for any Property
Whether you have multiple vehicles you need protected from harmful UV rays, or simply need a spot to store your riding lawnmower, a garage tent is a convenient tool that truly never goes out of style. Choose from vehicle-specific structures like AutoShelter or Garage-in-a-Box for the simplest of setups. Features and benefits of these structures include:
- Simple assembly: Forget budgeting for a handyman or even a construction team to put together a garage when you have a garage tent that comes together so quickly. These products were built with the customer in mind, creating a simple way to provide protection without breaking the bank.
- Customizable: When choosing a garage tent, you won’t have to worry about purchasing one that is too big or too small for your property. These options are fully customizable, which means you can buy exactly what you need and choose from different colors as well.
- Rugged materials: When purchasing these garage tents, you will get best-in-class materials that truly stand the test of time. Fabric will stand up to Mother Nature while steel frames resist chipping and corrosion. While you may think a fabric structure might not be as strong as a standalone building, these options have wind and snow load ratings to give you peace of mind in any weather.
Which Garage Tents are Right for Me?
There are a variety of solid choices that will add value and organization to your property. Here are a few choices to get you started based on your unique needs.
- Looking for a garage tent with easy assembly? While garage tents are built with easy assembly in mind, the AccelaFrame is ideal for DIYers thanks to its patented rib assembly system. Add in the high-grade steel frame, and you’ve got a convenient choice with incredible strength.
- Need a garage tent with extra customization? When you need a garage tent that is to the exact specifications needed for your home or business, ShelterCoat has you covered. Because you can customize size, color, style, and shape, there are literally thousands of options to choose from. Constructed with premium powder coated steel, enjoy unmatched strength in structures up to 100 ft. long.
- Do you need a portable garage ideal for the winter? If snow and ice is your top concern, try garage tents with wind and snow load ratings. ShelterTube withstands the elements and gets the job done with a snow load rating of 43 PSF. If you find later you want an even stronger cover, there’s always the option to upgrade even after you’ve already purchased.
Top-of-the-Line Portable Garages
The options are endless when it comes to finding a portable garage with the exact size and style specifications needed for your home or business. If you’re looking for a garage tent made in the USA with incredibly strong galvanized steel construction, ShelterTech is an option you should not ignore. In fact, it has the greatest number of roof styles and size options in its class. With a powerful wind and snow load rating, it will be ready for your storage needs no matter the climate.
Portable Garage FAQ’s
Do you need a building permit for a portable garage?
Generally, a building permit is required for any building or garage over 200 square feet. However, it is always important to check your own municipality because rules vary. Generally, garage tents will not need a permit, but it is always smart to make sure before you erect the structure.
What materials are used for portable garages?
Our portable garages are constructed with high-grade steel and ultra-durable fabric. Fabric materials vary based on model but range from lightweight to heavy-duty. They are all constructed to prevent UV damage and moisture issues. Depending on the type of fabric you choose, some even withstand sleet, snow, and heavy winds.
How can I customize my garage tent?
The best part about purchasing garage tents is you can purchase them based on exactly what you need. From the fabric, shape, and height, choose what works best for your personal property. You can even choose a color to blend in seamlessly with your outdoor décor.
What are wind and snow load ratings?
Wind and snow load ratings refer to the structure’s ability to withstand these elements. A wind rating provides the user the ability to gauge how strong of winds the garage tent can withstand from winds like a hurricane or tornad0. A snow load rating refers to the weight that the portable garage can hold in snow prior to a possible roof collapse. Wind ratings are specified in miles per hour, while snow load ratings are pounds per square foot, or PSF.
How do I anchor a portable garage?
Anchoring a portable garage is not only important for your safety, but it can also help to elongate the life of the building. You should always use the right anchors based on the type of surface where you are installing the garage tent. You should generally use one anchor per leg. Here is a handy guide to choose which anchor is right for your garage tent.