What is a Portable Shed?
A portable shed is a structure that is not erected on a permanent foundation. This storage solution can be assembled and disassembled to move around your home or property depending on your storage needs. These portable sheds from ShelterLogic are made with a steel frame covered with the highest quality fabric to stand up to the elements while also allowing enough versatility to be able to move the structure around when needed. Portable sheds come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes to fit your personal needs and preferences.
What Can I Store in a Portable Shed?
A portable shed can be utilized to store just about anything you need. Here are some popular items to store in a portable shed:
- Lawn and garden tools: From lawnmowers to rakes and trash cans, a portable shed is the ideal spot to protect your lawn and garden tools. You can win back garage space while keeping your tools out of the sun, wind, and rain.
- Seasonal items: Forget storing your holiday décor in an offsite storage unit you have to pay for monthly. Instead, tuck them away on your own property in a portable storage shed.
- Small vehicles: Depending on the size of your structure, you can keep anything from a car to a motorcycle or ATV inside a portable shed to protect it from the elements.
- Animal feed: If you live on a farm or have a property with animals, a portable shed is a great way to keep animal feed away from harmful UV rays and pests.
- Outdoor gear: Need a spot to keep your skis or kayak? Let all your outdoor gear stay safely in a portable shed for ultimate protection.
How Do I Choose a Portable Shed?
Now that you’ve decided on extra storage space on your property, it’s time to figure out which one is right for your needs. Start by measuring your property to make sure you have adequate space to add a portable shed. Then, decide what exactly you are planning to store. Make sure your shed is large enough to contain all of your items. It is better to purchase a portable shed that is slightly bigger than what you need in case you want to grow into the structure. You can also choose a portable shed that fits with your outdoor aesthetic. Choose from a number of different colors and shapes that give your yard an added touch of style.
What Size Portable Shed Do I Need?
Here is a handy reference guide to choosing the right size portable shed for your property:
- 4 x 3 shed: This portable shed will fit outdoor furniture, garbage cans, or other small lawn and garden tools.
- 6 x 5 shed: These portable sheds can keep a grill tucked away along with a wheelbarrow or larger items like a ladder.
- 8 x 8 shed: Keep all your gardening equipment in this portable shed to include rakes, a lawnmower, garden house, and even trash cans.
- 12 x 10 shed: This is a larger portable shed that will contain all your lawn and garden equipment, but can also add in larger items like an ATV or riding mower.
- 10 x 14 shed: This is a larger size shed to encompass all your outdoor gear with plenty of room to grow into it.